Updated by Bill W. , 11/18/2020, 10:30 pm
Council organization chart (district, unit)
Organization Chart (top chart and functions table) drafts have been redone. Need unit key-2 leader (COR and direct-contact leaders, e.g. SM, CM, etc.) information.
Up. Transfer of files from previous MDSC site completed, Working on reorganization and finding old pages not moved up to council section.
Up. Do know know if https://www.facebook.com/herms023 meets new council standards.
- Name/Title: “Herms District – GGAC”
- Phone: 925.674.6100
- Email: Info@ggacbsa.org
- Website: https://herms.ggacbsa.org/
- Type: Youth Organization / Nonprofit Organization
- Group: Public
- About: The Herms District GGAC BSA covers the communities of Albany, Berkeley, and West Contra Costa County including Crockett, North Richmond, El Cerrito, El Sobrante, Hercules, Kensington, Pinole, Richmond, Rodeo and San Pablo.
Email Signature Block
Per VP of Communications: Council and district volunteer leaders should always use the official GGAC Email signature block.
I have developed two blocks without postal addresses you can use. Here is one of them.
TitleOrPosition – Herms District GGAC
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
Golden Gate Area Council, BSA
Phone: +1-###-####, +1-###-#### (C), +1-###-#### (F)
- November 2020 – Changing Email service provider – Starting in November, we are transitioning to a new service provider for distributing Council-wide emails – including the twice monthly eNews. In conjunction with this change, we are building a new mailing list based on member data from the National Council’s database. Initially, our main list will comprise registered adults representing Unit Key 2, non-unit volunteers who serve in District and Council leadership roles, and our professional staff. … At the Unit level, we ask that each Key 2 arrange to share our communications with whatever method they currently use to communicate with their membership. We will continue to notify GGAC leadership in advance of the main list for major news releases.
Recurring events added. Most up to date. Please check for missing events.
From VP of Communications
- September 2020 – How to Send and Receive Local & Council News
- Part A of the BSA Annual Health and Medical Record includes a release agreement for demographic and visual media for photos and videos. This must be received by the council communications leadership in order to post local Scout or unit news.
- We are currently developing an online form process to submit local news. Until then, email email@example.com any news items and we will screen.
- A survey will be sent within the next month to solicit feedback on communication preferences.
- We encourage districts to appoint a volunteer as a communications liaison on their org chart (and member of the council communications committee), so that we might have an easier conduit to share important information from the council.